- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
How do I replace the battery on a Welch Allyn black Lithium Ion handle, part number: #71900?
Answer: The bottom section of the Lithium Ion handle from the green button down is the battery; there is no separate battery to replace.
If you need to replace the battery you will need to order the bottom section of the handle- part #71960 Replacement Lithium Ion battery.
Removing the Battery Section:
1. Hold the instrument handle firmly by the Battery Section
2. Turn the Rheostat Section (Section with the green button) counter clockwise (CCW) until it detaches from the Battery Section.
Replacing a New Battery Section:
1. Insert the Rheostat Section into the new Battery Section.
2. To connect the two sections, turn the Rheostat Section (top section with green button) clockwise (CW) until tight.
3. Verify the Rheostat Section is secure on the Battery Section of the instrument handle.