For external use only
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oxidizing agents (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds.
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive may be used on infected wounds being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive may not be compatible with topical anti-microbials
- Reddening of the skin around the wound may be observed. This may be related to irritation of fragile skin or wound exudates remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods of time. If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- When ALLEVYN Ag Non Adhesive is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- ALLEVYN Ag Non-Adhesive is not suitable for use on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing,
1. Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment,
2. Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency,
3. Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycaemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.